ASK ABOUT YOUR COMPENSATION:
TOTAL AND PERMANENT DISABILITY CLAIMS
WORKERS COMPENSATION CLAIMS
If you were injured before or after the introduction of the new Workers Compensation Legislation in June 2012, what you can receive will fall under the new system of benefits:
- For the first 13 weeks after your injury you are entitled to 95% of pre-injury average weekly earnings (PIAWE)
- After 13 weeks you are entitle to 80% of your PIAWE if you have no current work capacity, 80% of your PIAWE less your ‘ability to earn’ if you are able to work and not working, or up to 95% of your PIAWE less your current earning if you are working at least 15 hours per week.
- After 2.5 years you are able to receive 80% of your PIAWE if you have no current work capacity and this is likely to continue indefinitely, OR continue up to 95% of your PIAWE less your current earnings if you are working at least 15 hours per week and this is likely to continue indefinitely.
- After 2.5 years, if you are certified to do some work however have not returned to employment, it is likely the insurer will try to cut you off all weekly entitlements.
- To receive weekly benefits beyond 5 years, you must be classified as a “seriously injured worker”.
To find out if you are eligible for compensation, please contact us either by submitting an online enquiry via the form on this page or by calling us.